- There have been some major upheavals at 5 Elsie Street aka Wood End. They have not been publicized but they have been seriously affecting my mood and my sense of security. Things are finally calming down and I feel like I'm regaining my footing, but it has been very stressful.
- This highlights the other thing that I have not talked about: how much it took to become this vulnerable again. I was getting into a very dark place living alone and making a choice to look for multi-adult living situations came out of realizing that it was not sustainable for me.
- Had you asked me four years ago though, I would not have chosen to become the newbie in an existing family structure. It took time to realize that finding/creating a new family was needed.
- All that aside, I continue to be extremely grateful to Roo and her adults. Despite all the stress, this has been a mental step up and I am in a better spot emotionally and mentally than I was a year ago.
- Roo seems to be accepting me as one of her adults and that is both extremely satisfying and OMG ADORABLE at times.
- Both my Manager and my Team Lead have accepted other positions within the company.
- The new Team Lead took over on March 31 and he seems to be doing pretty well. He's a bit more laid back than the previous and that is a good thing.
- I got taken to task for my "absences" and told that I should just take a full day off for appointments that are going to take more than 1.5 hours.
- This is pretty problematic given the last medical update and the fact that I'm on pretty low PTO due to the illness at the beginning of the year.
- We still don't have a replacement for my manager so she has been working 2 jobs effectively since the beginning of March.
- I am finally in the new position that I was supposed to transition to last fall.
- I am enjoying it but it has been a major adjustment to how I work--with deadlines in terms of days rather than weeks or months.
- And BTW it's April. Aries birthday was on the 14th, my father on the 12th and mine on the 23rd. Lots of landmines.
- Topped off with your basic spring cold with an extra side of cough. *rolls eyes* Oh well.
- vvalkyri.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- weegoddess.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- drwex - (no subject)
- trowa-barton.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- woodwardiocom.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- smacaski.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- lifecollage.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- beowabbit - (no subject)
- r-ness.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- postmodernism.livejournal.com - (no subject)
- Base style: Abstractia by
- Theme: Abyss by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags